Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Entry Dated 4/4/2002

This post is important in that I now do believe that the doctor was right. We did have some trouble conceiving Little Monster. I am hoping that the next time we try to conceive we don't have the same troubles.


4/4/02
I had actually believed that Spring had sprung here in Nebraska, but NO. Spring must have decided to go on break, because Winter came back.. Oh well, the nice weather is due to return tomorrow... Can you believe it? It was SOO nice in Virginia.. All warm-ish, and here in Nebraska it was all of 30 degrees... I sure wish I had some of my own pictures from that trip, but I don't. I did, however, manage to hijack some pictures that I think are neat.

MORE SPRING BREAK NEWS
This is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel. (picture removed) Not the Momma and I drove across it. It is a toll, and WOW is it a toll. 10 bucks to get across and back.. (or 20 if you are like Not the Momma, and don't turn around before you pass the toll, and have to pay twice). It was really neat. The bridge is between 20 and 30 miles long, and you can see the end of the earth when you are on it. On our way back, we even got to watch a ship that was in the USS Theodore Roosevelt Battle Group head back towards the Norfolk Naval Base. I think we decided it was an LHA. Don't worry, that is a type of ship, I don't know what that stands for, but I can tell you that LSD is Landing Ship Docking.. Whoo hoo!! I think the ship was the USS Nassau. (If that isn't how you spell it, I am very sorry.)

This is the Norfolk Harbor.(picture removed) We saw that, really we did. We also visited the USS Wisconsin, which is currently out of commission, but I can now say that I have been on a Navy Ship! Whoo hoo!! Some day I am sure I will be making my Mom, Dad, and perhaps a sister or two tour the thing as well. The audio tour is neat. although, when it is raining, you don't get to see the whole thing, unless you are from Mexico, and you have an Admiral taking you on the tour. Then, you get to see EVERYTHING!! Yah. That means, there were some sailors from Mexico visiting the ship at the same time. I am not sure, but I think the Mexican ship was still using sails. Sure tells you about how privileged we are in the Good ol’ US of A.

In other news:
After fighting with my doctor about how I don't really fit the profile, she swears that I have
PCOS. I guess the hormones say it all. It is a fun syndrome, that has the following symptoms:


  • High blood pressure
  • Acne
  • Elevated insulin levels, Insulin Resistance, or Diabetes
  • Infertility
  • Excess hair on the face and body
  • Thinning of the scalp hair (alopecia)
  • Weight Problems or obesity that is centered around your mid section

I tried to tell her that I have none of these things, but i guess that doesn't matter. It is a pretty crappy thing, but at least I don't have any of the symptoms. Other than that, things are going pretty well.

No comments: